Who hasn’t bought a ready-to-eat salad for themselves or for their families? That salad you bought and ate is a $4 Billion niche in the trillion dollar retail produce market which growing by 8% yearly. Package salads in 3 lb. bags are sold to restaurants, catering facilities, and the military.
The Company creates a spectacular return on investment with a patent pending system for creating high quality salads by growing the salads inside warehouses using LED lights. We are part of the Local Indoor Vertical Farming industry that has received $300 million in investment this year from folks like Softbank, Amazon, Google Ventures, and the Musk family.
The Problems Faced by the Retailer and the Consumer
- Vegetables travel (on average) 1,500 miles from where they are harvested to where they are eaten. They move from California to New York, Florida to Seattle, Mexico to Chicago.
- The farming techniques used.
- Shelf life is 14 days from harvest – so up to 50% of the retailers product need to be thrown out, consumers are unhappy that they buy a Salad on Monday and by Wednesday it useless
- Salads contain pathogens – This means people get food poisoning. Chipotle shut down for months, DOLE Salads killed 3 people last year.
- Taste and Nutrition is terrible – Fresh is king – every day from harvest deteriorates taste. Nutrients are lost on a daily basis
- Salads Are Suspect- Food is grown with Pesticides, Farming methods are destroying bees, birds and water systems
We grow, harvest, and package Organic “Grab and Go” Salads locally in a 15,000 sq. ft. pre-fab building located in a 14’ high warehouse.
- Vegetables are grown in our specially designed Grow Units.
- Each grow unit contains electronics that manage the grow cycle.
- 24 Grow Units are located in a Grow Room.
- Each of our warehouses has 5 environmentally controlled grow rooms.
- The grow rooms surround a packaging area with our custom cleaning and packaging process.
- The entire facility is SQF Level 3, the same food safety standard that makes Cheerios safe to eat.